Monday 31 March 2014

Healers are human too.

This popped up on my Facebook feed today and I think it passes on a very important message....

I often get the feeling that, as complementary therapists, we are expected to portray a certain image and I want to make a start in changing that.


I understand it totally, we are advertisements for our way of life, if we appear the same as everyone else why should people use our therapies?

Also, we are taught to lead by example, we are the beacons of light to guide others, how can we do that if we are seen doing something others consider less than acceptable such as going out for a beer with our biker friends.

The problem with this expectation is that it can lead us to be less authentic than we would like; hiding away what we fear would be seen as the less enlightened aspects of our personality.  If this isn't counter to what we are trying to teach others then I don't know what is.

So I stand before you today and say "Hi, my name's Heather and I am work in progress"


I work with the therapies I offer to help my soul grow and to heal past wounds, but that doesn't mean I am perfect.  The only difference between us and people who receive these therapies from us is that we believe in them enough to take the step into practicing them.

Healers are human too :)


Visit my website to learn about my healing practice  

No comments:

Post a Comment